The American College of Surgeons asked members of its Board of Governors to report on the effect of the Affordable Care Act on their surgical practice. The following findings are based on responses from 208 U.S. surgeons.
- There are more people who have health insurance
- There are more people who have Medicaid coverage
- There is a slight increase in surgical caseload
- However, more patients are delaying elective surgery
- And the surgeons report that patients are first coming for care at a later stage of disease
Source: Puls, M.W. (2016, May). 2015 ACS Governors Survey: Surgeons describe the ACA’s effects on access to care. Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons, 101(5), 19-24. Click here: http://bulletin.facs.org/2016/05/2015-acs-governors-survey-surgeons-describe-the-acas-effects-on-access-to-care/ Posted by AHA Resource Center (312) 422-2050, email@example.com