The Hill is out with its annual list of top federal lobbyists of 2014. The list includes trade associations, corporations, grassroots groups, and “hired guns”.
The term lobbyist is used broadly by The Hill. “While some [on the list] fit the mold of a traditional lobbyist, others have made public relations, grassroots advocacy and even data-crunching the tools of their trade.” “… [O]nly a portion of the people listed are officially registered to lobby the government, but that doesn’t diminish their clout.”
Here’s the alphabetical list of the health care associations with staff making The Hill’s list:
- America’s Health Insurance Plans
- American Health Care Association
- American Hospital Association
- American Medical Association
- Biotechnology Industry Organization
- Federation of American Hospitals
- National Coalition on Health Care
- Pharmaceutical Care Management Association
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America
Source: Top lobbyists 2014: Associations. The Hill, Oct. 22, 2014. http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/221477-top-lobbyists-2014-associations. Top corporate. Top grassroots. Top hired guns.
Posted by AHA Resource Center (312) 422-2050, email@example.com