According to an annual survey from the magazine Healthcare Purchasing News, the overall average salary in healthcare supply chain management was of $87,365 in 2014, a small dip from the 2013 average of $88,342. However, the salary is still a 25% increase over five years ago. The survey also reports average salaries for these supply chain positions:
- Corporate/executive/senior VP, materials/supply chain management/support services
- Director of materials management/materials manager
- Contracts management
- Value analysis coordinator
- Contract/service line manager
- MMIS/materials IT systems manager
- Purchasing director/manager
- OR materials/business manager
- Assistant/other materials management
- Purchasing agent
- Senior buyer/buyer
Compensation is also reported by years of experience, tenure at current facility, gender, education, type of facility, facility bed size, and geographic region. The direct reporting relationships and the type of professional certifications are indicated for survey respondents. The most common professional certification cited was a CMRP [certified materials & resources professional], and 41% of the supply chain professionals reported to the CFO.
Source: Barlow RD. 2014 SCM salary survey: Salary slip may be a reset button hit – mild dip may be no cause for alarm. Healthcare Purchasing News, Aug. 2014. http://www.hpnonline.com/inside/2014-08/1408-SCMSalarySurvey.pdf
Click here for 2013 survey post.
Posted by AHA Resource Center (312) 422-2003, email@example.com