SK&A has just released an update of its report that lists the top 50 nursing homes in the U.S. based on bed size. It also ranks the top 50 nursing home systems based on the number of nursing homes.
Topping the list of the largest nursing homes are:
- Laguna Wood Community – Laguna Woods, CA – 12,736 beds
- Rossmoor Walnut Creek — Walnut Creek, CA – 10,000 beds
- Fair Acres Geriatric Center – Lima, PA – 908 beds
The largest nursing home systems are:
- Genesis Healthcare – 326 nursing homes
- Golden Living – 305 nursing homes
- HCR Manor-Care – 301 nursing homes
The report also ranks the states by the number of nursing homes and lists the number of nursing home beds in each state. The number of nursing homes are classified by ownership type and by type of care provided, such as skilled nursing, assisted living and 10 other categories.
Source: U.S. elder care market. SK&A, June 2014. http://www.skainfo.com/registration.php [Free registration required]
Posted by AHA Resource Center (312) 422-2050, firstname.lastname@example.org